2nd book review on the topic. It was at a Confererence that I heard James Goll talk about how he prophisied to a man, repeating 23 times that this man was going to hell. Bill Wiese was indeed taken to Hell by the Lord for 23 minutes one night and came back so he could warn others and tell of this beyond-horrific experience. I was very curious to read his book 23 Minutes In Hell after having read Mary Baxter’s A Divine Revelation Of Hell and compare their experiences. No surprise! Both gave same descriptions. Our soul will still have a body after death. Where will you spend eternity after you die? We will still have our 5 senses which are more keen in the spirit world than in the natural dimension. Both Bill and Mary discribed the pits of hell as they saw it. Both experienced the torture and the pain.
Then I saw that actually Youtube has several more accounts of people who experienced hell and came back to tell about it. And even so many still don’t believe Hell is a real place. This is baffling, seeing that in Luke 16:19-31 the rich man in torment in hell begs Abraham to send Lazarus back to his brothers to warn them of hell, to which Abraham replies that they have Moses and the Prophets to listen to. The rich man argues that if someone goes back from the dead, they would believe and repent. Abraham reassures him that if they are not convinced by the Prophets, neither will they be convinced even if someone comes back from the dead to warn them. And it is so! Still after these accounts of people who have experienced hell and came back to tell us, many still don’t believe it. One lady specifically told me: “You have to take those acounts with a grain of salt. All of their accounts are different, so…”. She does not believe in Hell even after reading some of these accounts. It’s like saying: “everyone I know who traveled to Paris came back with a different account. Therefore I don’t believe Paris exists”. Please people…. repent and escape Hell!
For those who have wondered how I have grown to love the prophetic and the supernatural since this is all I blog about… First God opens your eyes to His Word, gives you the desire and hunger to develop your gifts and then you can grow from there. These are the books that most have changed my life, have molded my faith and have opened my eyes to the things of God. They are all so salty they have created much thirst in me!
They are posted in order of when I read each book.
1. The Bible.
I started reading the Bible when I was 13 when I came to the Lord.
2. Communion With God by Mark and Patti Virkler
I read this book in 2001 or 2002 and it has changed my relationship with God completely, teaching me to hear God for myself and journal and how to enter vision. This is what my blog is about. I blog about conversations I have had with the Lord and things He has shown me through dreams and visions. I have gone back to this book a few times but have since given it away.
3. The Reality Of The Supernatural World by Todd Bentley
I have re-read this book once or twice, it was so good. I have increased in supernatural experiences and visions when I was studying this book together with a Women’s Bible Study group in 2010.
4. The School of the Seers by Jonathan Welton
I read this one also in 2010 but have understood it even deeper on the second round just this month, May 2013. We even watched him teach on Youtube which made it so much clearer. The best teacher ever when it comes to understanding the Gift of Discerning of Spirit and has great tools to activate the gift in your own life. I have again increased in my seeing ability after reading this book.
5. The Final Quest by Rick Joyner
I read this one in 2011 and had started to read it for a second time too because this book made me long for eternity. It made me very aware that all we do now on earth will be laid bare when we get there before the face of God. All we do now must have an eternal value. It also made me very hungry to enter vision. The whole book is one long extended vision Rick had.
6. The Torch and The Sword by Rick Joyner
Has the same feel as The Final Quest and very insightful. Actually this book, my husband read it to me at bedtime over a few days in March this year, 2013. He is the book lover out of the two of us. This book is also one extended vision Rick had.
7. The Dancing Hand of God by James Maloney Read in June 2013. This book raised my faith to believe in the supernatural move of God that creates miracles and a breaker anointing. It will be enjoyed by anyone who is apostolic. I read it just before James Maloney came to our church for a weekend long conference and by then my expectation was very high to see God move in a great way. My husband and I received a power packed prophetic word by Maloney the last service.
8. Powerful Encounters in the God Realm by Patricia King, Randy DeMain and several others. Randy DeMain was speaking at a conference in our Church in the beginning of June 2013 and his topic was on the glory realm. After the conference I was so hungry I had to have more on this topic. I had to order this book the next day and it made me even more hungry for the glory realm to manifest in my own life. The testimonies in this book are out of this world! I can definitely say this book changed and raised my expectation of what God will do through my own life.
9. Open My Eyes Lord by Gary Oates – especially excited about this one now that I am focusing on entering that supernatural realm on a daily basis. This book helped me understand the ministry of angels especially. I remember there was a time, 11 years go, I was very annoyed when people talked about angels and seeing angels. I felt upset that these people were taking things too far and I felt they were worshiping angels instead of God. It was my understanding that was limited. Once I opened up to learn things I didn’t know, about 10 years ago, I realized how little we know about the spirit realm.
10. The Seer by James Goll – I was so excited when my husband got me this book for my birthday last year. I had been having many personal dreams and visions and when I saw this book I felt it would give me deeper understanding of my prophetic gifting, which it did. I was especially grateful to learn that there are different dimensions of the prophetic anointing, e.g. dreamers and visionaries, others who proclaim God’s corporate purpose, those who speak forth administrative strategy of God with a political slant, prophetic counselors, prophetic intercessors and many others. But definitely helped me understand the sphere of influence God has given me in particular.
11. Glory Rising by Jeff Jansen. I had never heard his name before until we went to a Prophetic Conference where Jeff was the speaker. I didnt know what to expect. Some things at first sounded New Agish until his speaking and the book clarified a lot of deep things of God that the enemy has twisted for His purposes. There is such hunger in the human heart to experience the supernatural glory of God and since the Church is not meeting this need, people run to New Age teachings. I was so impacted by this book, it made me so hungry for more of the glory of God. It is unbelievable what we are capable of in the spirit. In the West believers are so unaware of the spirit world. We have ourselves experienced much on the missionfield how the spirit world is so well understood, even for evil purposes. If we only knew all that is available to us in the Spirit as we walk in God’s glory….
12. A Divine Revelation Of Hell by Mary Baxter. This is one of the most CHILLING books I have ever read. I was very much so shaken by Mary’s account of what she saw, heard, felt, smelled and experienced in hell for nights on end. After reading this book I have been revived with an intense desire to warn others to not end up in hell. The Bible does talk clearly about this horrific place and yet I never realized just how much the Bible discribes hell both in Old and New Testament. What shook me even more is to read her account of how those who end up in hell include people who used to preach the Word, people who went to Church for years, those who called themselves Christians. It made Jesus’ words “not all who say: Lord, Lord…” even more real.
13. 23 Minutes In Hell by Bill Wiese. 2nd book review on the topic. Bill was taken to Hell for 23 minutes one night and came back to tell about his beyond-horrific experience. I was very curious to read his book after having read Mary Baxter’s A Divine Revelation Of Hell and compare their experiences. No surprise! Both gave same descriptions. Our soul will still have a body after death. Where will you spend eternity after you die? We will still have our 5 senses which are more keen in the spirit world than in the natural dimension. Both Bill and Mary discribed the pits of hell as they saw it. Both experienced the torture and the pain.
Currently I am between a few books that I am real excited about and will update here when I am done with them. They are already in my possession, just need to either start or finish them.
Growing In The Prophetic by Mike Bickle I have this in hard cover.
The Call by Rick Joyner I have this one in hard cover.